2020 Enter to Win Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions:
GENERAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
The Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents, 18 years of age and older, residing in Washington D.C., Virginia and Maryland. You do not need to be a Washington Gas customer to enter or win. Employees or agents of Washington Gas, WGL Energy, AltaGas, NBC4/Telemundo, Monumental Sports & Entertainment, the Washington Capitals, the Washington Wizards or any entity associated with the Sweepstakes, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent, may not participate.
PRIZES & PRIZE CONDITIONS:
One entry per person. There will be three (3) Prizes awarded at the end of the Sweepstakes Period ending on January 24, 2020. The Prizes are as follows:
- One (1) Golden Ticket Package from the Washington Capitals. The package includes two (2) two lower level game tickets* as well as watch pre-game warm-ups in Penalty Box, receive an autographed puck, and get a group photo on the ice! The estimated value of this prize is $600.
*Two tickets to a mutually-agreed upon game during the Washington Capitals 2020-21 Regular Season. Some exclusions apply.
- Four (4) suite tickets to the Washington Wizards vs. Chicago Bulls game on February 11, 2020 in NBC4’s suite. The estimated value of this prize is $752.
- One (1) NBC4 “Storm Team 4 Weather Tour” studio experience including a studio tour for four (4), photos with the NBC4 weather and news personnel, and a tour of the Storm Team 4×4 on a week day agreed upon by both the winner and NBC4. The estimated value of this prize is $200.
All sales taxes, prize taxes and other taxes, gratuities and any other incidentals associated with the Prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted. Washington Gas assumes no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the Prize.
DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION:
All potential Prize winners will be selected in one (1) random drawing from among all eligible entries received by Washington Gas whose decisions are final and binding. Odds of winning a Prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. All potential Prize winners will be contacted by Washington Gas via phone and email.
TWO WAYS TO ENTER:
Participants enter through either of the following two (2) methods of entry.
- Online — Participants can enter during the Sweepstakes Period by visiting the website: https://washingtonareafuelfund.org/ice-house/enter-to-win-2020/confirmed. On the website, Participants will be instructed to follow the instructions to complete the form. Participants will be required to provide their full name, email address and phone number. All online entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on January 24, 2020.
- In Person at the Washington Area Fuel Fund (WAFF) Ice House Event — Participants can also enter the contest in person at the WAFF Ice House event, taking place on January 17 & 18, 2020, at the District Wharf in Southwest Washington, D.C. Participants will be required to provide their name, email address and phone number to volunteers in the Enter to Win tent at the event.
Regardless of which method of entry a participant uses, all required information must be provided to enter and to be eligible to win. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Each completed registration will result in one (1) entry.
A Prize winner has 72 business hours from the time they are contacted by Washington Gas to accept or deny a Prize or the Prize may be forfeited. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the Sweepstakes will be disqualified.
RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION:
In exchange for the right to participate in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to release and indemnify Washington Gas, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes.
USE OF DATA:
By participating in the Sweepstakes and providing any personal contact information, participants hereby agree to Washington Gas’ and WAFF’s collection and usage of their personal information.